- Synthesis of inorganic materials, coordination polymers and metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), for application in adsorption and separation processes, as catalysts, sensors, and functional materials in energy related applications,
- Characterization and testing of nanoporous materials in adsorption, separation and catalysis,
- Crystal structure determination from single crystal and powder X-ray diffraction data,
- In-situ X-ray diffraction studies of materials performed at synchrotron sources to establish stability of crystalline materials on heating, study phase transitions, or determine crystal structures of host-guest compounds,
- High pressure gas adsorption using nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons, hydrogen and other non-corrosive gases,
- Simultaneous thermogravimetric-differential scanning calorimetry coupled to mass spectrometry in temperature range -150 °C to 800°C.